Technology at Springfield Central State School is one of our of unique signature programs. Pitched at Prep to Year Six students, this subject encompasses a number of elements:
- Making connections to ICT skills used in the C2C classroom programs
- Cybersmart and Cybersafety programs
- Mindmap software modelling for Years Prep to Three and applying skills from Year Four to Six.
- Developing students ICT skills as per the EQ Smart Classrooms ICT skill matrix
- Comparing the operating systems of Apple via Apple TV and Microsoft with both laptops and PC’s
- Focussing on typing and keyboarding skills to a set grade level standard
- Through LEGO and Robotics, developing problem solving skills, programming skills and making connections to other key learning areas.
- The Technology Design Process – Ideation, Investigation, Evaluation and Production.
Our resources consist of:
- A 30 student computer lab, Interactive Whiteboard with Apple TV and WiFi connectivity.
- Typing Tournament for Year One to Year Six students
- Bee Bots for Prep and Year One students
- WeDo Lego Robotics kits for Year Two and Year Three
- NXT Lego Robots for Year 4 and 5
- EV3 Lego Robots for Year 6